ChildSuccessNYC: Improving Stability, Permanency and Well-Being for Foster Children
January 29, 2013
9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
ChildSuccessNYC is the Administration for Children’s Services’ (ACS) new model for family-based foster care. ChildSuccessNYC links evidence-based or evidence-informed practices with the goal of expediting permanency, reducing placement moves, and reducing caseworker caseloads. ACS is testing and evaluating the model with 5 foster care agencies this fiscal year and seeking a federal waiver with the intention of going system-wide next year.
CCC’s Policy Briefing on ChildSuccessNYC included:
- An overview of the goals of the new model, the key elements of the program, the caseworker training requirements, as well as the federal waiver process.
- Speakers were from ACS and three foster care agencies participating in the pilot.
- Benita Miller, Deputy Commissioner for Family Permanency Services, NYC Administration for Children’s Services
- Dawn Saffayeh, Deputy Commissioner for Policy, Planning and Measurement, NYC Administration for Children’s Services
- Allen Feltman, Director, Foster Boarding Homes, St. Dominic’s Home
- Dr. Sylvia Rowlands, Senior Vice President, Evidence Based Programs, The New York Foundling
- Paul Torres, Vice President, Foster Home Services, Jewish Child Care Association