We can help You make a difference in the lives of New York City’s children
Every fall since 1962, concerned citizens just like you have taken CCC’s Community Leadership Course (CLC). This course gives you a firsthand look at how programs across New York City help children and how you can make New York City an even better place to be a child.
When you participate in the CLC you will:
- Meet once a week for 10-weeks to learn about the challenges New York City children face and the innovative solutions being developed to help them.
- Visit programs that serve children and families in all five boroughs.
- Hear directly from program directors and government agency staff about the challenges they face and the successes they have had running programs for children.
- Engage in dynamic discussions about how to improve the lives of New York City children.
- Learn about advocacy in the areas CCC focuses on, including child poverty, child welfare, juvenile justice, family homelessness, education, and youth services.
- Find out why your voice is important and how you and your network of friends and colleagues can make a difference for children.
Direct service providers, foundation officers, clergy, lawyers, legislative staff, non-profit board members, parents and many others have taken the CLC. Join them – and us – to be the best advocate you can for New York City’s children and families.
An application and interview are required. The fee for the course is $900. Full and partial scholarships are available.
Apply for the 2014 Community Leadership Course (PDF)! Please mail or fax your applications attention Lorraine Tate.